So, Sunday comes to a close.... But - we still get another *free* day! I feel pretty fortunate and super energized to have an additional day this weekend. I might even get the dusting and vacuuming done that I can't typically get to on an "average" weekend. That's exciting!
Started today (Sunday) at church - I sure do love the new pastor. Talk about energized!! This guy is fantastic. He leaves us each week with realistic challenges & support for going out and making a difference, not usually making a world-wide difference, but one person at a time. This week, we shall make someone who's feeling lonely, a part of our family - (not literally). He's really good at motivating the congregation.
Last week (Wednesday/Thursday ) I almost changed my facebook status to something like: "I feel an organization frenzy coming on!" but, I didn't....Knowing I had a long weekend coming up, I tried to bypass the sensation and not let myself take on a project. I gotta tell ya though, this feeling was strong! I couldn't let it go. So, the playroom happened to be at the top of my list for needing some serious attention. We (Mimi & I) try & try to organize it, and reorganize, clean & reclean.... to no avail. I started Saturday morning and finished this evening, actually dusted each picture frame and shelf and even took the windex to the mirrors. I meant business. I worked for the greater part of 2 days in one room & the closet. We bought "Closet Maid" drawers & cabinets, assembled them, rearranged some, and you would just not believe the transformation that took place. It's remarkable. I almost didn't want to leave the playroom.... I put the finishing touches on by actually organizing the books on the bookcase. Boy do I feel rejuvinated! I wonder how long till the playroom gets trashed again?!... For now, I'm energized by the order I have created in that room....
So the other day Jeremy says, "I love whatever this smell is" as he leaned over and had me smell his tee-shirt. "Seriuosly?" I thought to myself. Yep, he loved the detergent smell. I remembered that I had brought home some leftover detergent in a small bottle I had taken with us to the beach (vacation). That must have been it! So, in all my rejuvination, I bought a new bottle (scent) of detergent today at the store, we'll see if he likes this one as well. So much for original scent anymore! My family is gonna smell laundry-fresh! Another "new" energy for the entire family....
There are many more "energies" floating around this house - Maybe there'll be a part 2 to this segment. ;-)
In the meantime - think about what energizes you!
No comments:
Post a Comment